If you struggle to lose weight using conventional methods such as dieting, exercise, behavior therapy, and/or medication, then weight-loss also known as bariatric surgery may be the answer. We offer a comprehensive program featuring several safe and highly effective bariatric surgery options.
What is bariatric surgery?
Bariatric surgery alters the digestive process or reduces the amount of food the stomach can hold. There are a variety of bariatric options available for treatment:
- Gastric Bypass – A surgery that changes how your stomach and small intestine handle food
- Gastric Balloon – A balloon-type device is temporarily placed inside the stomach, making you feel full faster
- Gastric Sleeve – A procedure where a portion of the stomach is removed
- Gastric Banding – A type of weight loss surgery where a band is placed around the upper part of the stomach to decrease stomach size and reduces food intake
- Revisions – Conversion of a previous bariatric surgery procedure to a different weight loss surgical option
We understand bariatric surgery is a life-changing decision and our team at Orange Park Surgical Specialists will be with you every step of the way.
We are committed to providing you with the personalized care and attention you deserve. We want you to be as prepared and as comfortable as possible for your surgery – and your new life. To help guide you through this process, we’ve created a step-by-step plan to your surgery.
Contact Orange Park Surgical Specialists:
- Attend a free information session
- Complete pre-assessment forms
- Meet with a registered dietitian
- Meet with our bariatric surgeon
- Check in for surgery
Attend a Free Information Session that is provided for patients interested in seeking bariatric surgery as a weight-loss option. We will cover surgery options, risks and benefits of the procedure and what your next steps are to begin the process. It is an informal discussion with time made available for questions and answers.
Call (904) 264-5426 for more information about bariatric surgery.